Children’s Play and Care Assistant
Volunteer Duty Description
Duty Description: Children’s Play and Care Assistant
- Provide Care and play opportunities for children 4 – 11 years old.
- Promote the social use of the Welsh language.
- Assist the Staff in the Play schemes / Clwb Carco
- Assist the Children Services Co-ordinator to prepare for the sessions
- Ensure that the children’s needs are met.
- Encourage the children to play and socialise in Welsh.
- Assist with activities.
- Assist in clearing at the end of each session.
Location: Rhondda Cynon Tâf
Work with: Hannah Price-Jones, Children Services Co-ordinator and Leaders of the provision
Time commitment: 4 – 6 hrs per week
Expenses: We are not able to pay expenses, we therefore encourage the volunteer to choose a convenient setting.
- Enthusiastic and energetic.
- Ablility to listen and follow instructions.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to communicate in Welsh.
Benefits to Volunteer:
- Work experience.
- Enhanced knowledge of the needs in children’s services.
- Experience in applying for work.
- DBS check